skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Yesterday
Hey everybody!! Yesterday I went to Illinois for a rock climbing trip with 15 other students. We drive 2.5 hours when we get there,there is 2 vertical escape guides with all of the gear that we will be using for the day(except for me I brought my stuff) so we walk to the to cliff where we will be climbing. The guild go through the the basic steps. Then we start climbing. It comes around to my turn to start climbing and it's harder than you think. Very rare spots to put your hands to grib on. I get stuck because there nothing to hold on to(to move my hands to) so I get down, after awile I get back on the same wall got to the spot I got stuck on way faster so that helped alot. I make it to the top,so I went to have lunch with crystal after that I moved to a different wall I got stuck again so I gave up on that wall. Then Nate took the ropes down to set up the repelling. We wait for him to get that ready. He walks down to us to take 4 of us up there.Our teacher picks me and 3 other people we grap our gear and start heading up there. The others go before (the order we were picked). The person before me goes and getting sick but I made myself get up and do. Getting over the ledge was the hardest part. I kept taking steps when I was supposed to lean. My legs fall from under me and I start to cry then I tell the guy I didn't want to do this anymore he tod me I had to do, and that there was no other way. So I get my feet under me and started to lower myself down and someone yelled "nice recovery". I got down and my leg was tore up. I started taking pictures of other people coming down and we say groung hog. Crystal goes up there and walk up there to once we were up there we started to walk down I ran down because I wanted to take pics. wich was tuff I get down there and some told me that someone decide not to come down and thought it was Crystal I got really mad because I got tired for nothing. Then she comes down and the teacher comes down then we packed everything up and left. when got home I was the last person to leave. It was sooooo fun. Then today I am sooooooo sore I hurt everywhere ,but it was worth it.
2 comments:
As soon as soon as I get pics I'll post them.
Way to go Shelby, It sounds like you had a fun time. That must be really good exercise, it sounds very tiring! Love you!
Post a Comment